Company’s Introduction :
ReachLocal India is a subsidiary of ReachLocal Inc. (USA). Our services form the backbone of the sales teams across 5 continents giving them the confidence of turnaround times and quality assurance. With our constant efforts to provide the best value to our advertisers, the team grew from less than 10 people in 2006 to 400+ employees by 2019. The company offers online marketing products and solutions in three categories: digital advertising, software, and web presence. The company operates in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, Brazil, Mexico, and India.
In August 2016, ReachLocal was acquired by Gannett Co. Inc. (NYSE: GCI). Gannett is the largest local newspaper company in the United States. Gannett’s local daily brands plus the iconic USA TODAY reach a digital audience of nearly 140 million each month.
In November 2019, Gannett was acquired by New Media Investment Group, operations continue under the Gannett name. This acquisition makes the combined company the largest newspaper publisher in the United States.
ReachLocal is the go-to destination for anyone looking for a career in digital marketing in Mumbai, India.
Job Summary :
As a Site Reliability Engineer at ReachLocal, your role will be to ensure our uptime and our scalability. The Site Reliability Engineering group is responsible for forecasting problems before they arise and quickly reacting to problems that have already manifested themselves in our production environment. This is a golden opportunity to work with an extremely talented team that currently supports enterprise applications in 7 world-class data centers around the world. This position is tasked with monitoring the production systems, including designing new graphs, tuning thresholds, and generally looking for anomalies and hunting down issues that happen in production.
Job Description :
- Provide operational support for all of the company’s production servers and services
- React to production incidents professionally and effectively
- Review and enhance metrics to proactively forecast problems
- Work with the team to investigate and improve security and performance as it relates to applications and processes
- Maintain effective working relationships with other IT Staff members, internal customers and technical staff at collocation providers. Maintain professional relationships with all vendors
- Create and maintain documentation and generate pertinent reports on production status/health
Key Attributes :
- 3+ years’ experience administering Linux/UNIX systems and applications in a production web environment
- 2+ years’ experience Devops
- Ability to troubleshoot database level problems and strong fluency in SQL
- Ability to work with monitoring and trending systems, such as Nagios
- Strong knowledge of UNIX scripting and automation
- Strong knowledge of networking as it relates to systems and security
- Experience working with load balancing technologies
- Ability to work with version control systems, namely CFEngine & Puppet
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to produce usable and maintainable documentation
- Demonstrate problem solving abilities and initiative
- Ability to provide a professional interface to internal and external customers and vendors
Key Competencies :
- Experience building and maintaining custom packages using RPM and managing yum repositories
- Experience supporting multiple Linux variants (preferably CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo, Slackware, Suse) and other UNIX based operating systems (BSD, Solaris, etc.)
- MySQL database administration experience
- Working knowledge of Citrix Netscaler load balancers
- Experience writing and maintaining Perl, PHP, Ruby, Java, and/or C scripts or applications
- Solid understanding of risk management practices (ITIL) and how they apply to service level agreements
Qualifications & Experience :
- Bachelors of Engineer degree (with superior academic standing preferred in any stream) with 5+ years of work experience
Primary Location :
- Goregaon East, Mumbai – India
- Full-Time – Rotational Shift