- February 18, 2022
- Posted by: HR RL India
Company’s Introduction :
ReachLocal India is a part of a global brand Gannett which owns USA Today Network (North America’s largest selling newspaper). Our services form the backbone of the sales teams giving them the confidence of turnaround times and quality assurance. With our consistent efforts to provide the best value to our advertisers, our India team has grown from less than 10 people in 2006 to 450+ employees in 2021. ReachLocal offers online marketing products and solutions in three categories: digital advertising, software, and web presence. We operate in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK, and India.
REACHLOCAL is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
Gannett Co., Inc (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the US, and Newsquest a wholly-owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands.
Job Description :
This profile entails synergizing with the Company’s vision and quickly take over the existing procedures, policies and systems using them to develop a “go-forward plan” for the HR Function. ReachLocal India is on an expansion roadmap and to fulfill our growing needs for headcount and employee management we are looking for a strategic and result oriented HR Business Partner.
Senior Manager / Director HR will be working alongside key operating department heads. Provide mature general management input and decision making in human resource matters. Duties/Areas of responsibility will include the following:.
- HR Strategy & Policy Implementation
- Talent Acquisition & Management
- Employee Retention & Performance Management
- Administration & Facility Management
Job Summary :
HR Strategy & Policies Implementation:
- Create a strategy roadmap for hiring based on churn analysis and create quarterly goals for HR team to achieve and deliver
- Support the global HR team in planning and implementing key HR initiatives to help the organization become an Employer of Choice in the local market
- Provide support and guidance to members of the HR team in their day-to-day operational roles
- Continuously supports review and improvement of the HR policies to reinforce organizational culture
- Develop solutions which enable successful retention strategies and solve capability gaps using internal/ external levers including development, resourcing, training and innovative stretch experiential opportunities
- Co-ordinate to provide accurate inputs for payroll processing and adhere to deadlines
Talent Acquisition & Management :
- Drive the recruiting strategy for the company, while bringing a high level of clarity surrounding hiring plans and metrics.
- Drive automation within the team so that each stage of hiring from sourcing to onboarding can be tracked on systems rather than people dependent.
- Develop and oversee innovative sourcing strategies to attract talent from non-traditional and/or diverse talent pools.
- Support in development of innovative and effective means of assessing potential candidates so that the right person is selected for the job. Provide insights on salary bands and industry benchmarking to remain competitive in the local market.
Employee Retention & Performance Management :
- Execute HR Connect initiatives to ensure constant interactions with employees and their respective superiors.
- Identify employee concerns / grievances / issues proactively, that may cause disruption in near future and initiate corrective actions.
- Advice and assist Line Managers to implement the performance assessment program and in providing constructive employee feedback
- Assist implementation of Reward & Recognition programs and monitor progress / effectiveness of these initiatives.
- Provide analytics on ideal employee profiles for most common roles and suggest ways for retaining them
- Publish engaging employee newsletters and create opportunities for cross functional team interaction
Administration & Facility Management :
- Maintain a healthy work environment for employees considering the pandemic situations ensure all safety protocols are followed
- Effectively interface with all levels of the organization to coordinate administrative activities.
- Act as a key liaison for supervision of house-keeping staff, security staff and admin staff
- Ensure smooth functioning of in-house canteen
- Supervise the transportation facilities for all employees
- Ensuring effective rendering of admin services including facilities, canteen, office equipment, pest control, communication etc to enable smooth day to day admin operations.
- Conduct on-going review/assessment of existing procedures and policies to identify efficiency and best practice opportunities that reduce cost and increase the overall value to Reachlocal and its employees.
- Responsible for Vendor management including expense budgeting
Key Competencies :
- Strong leadership skills
- Result oriented
- Excellent communicator (verbal & written)
- Excellent people skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Ability to plan and execute effectively
- Open to feedback and suggestions
- Experience in Lateral Hiring & Campus Recruitment (Entry Level, Middle Level)
- Has exposure to 40% of generalist profile and 60% to recruitment profile.
- Overall 15+ years of experience in all aspects of Human Resources Management and Organization Development
- Prior experience in leading a team of at least 5 HR professionals (Minimum 7 years of managerial experience)
- PGDM/MBA/Doctorate specializing in Human Resources Management from an institute of good repute
- Prior experience with ITES companies/ Services Operations is desirable
- Stability in previous job, minimum 3 years in the last profile
- Goregaon East, Mumbai – India